As per Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, it is mandated that every individual who has been allotted a Permanent Account Number (PAN) on or before July 1, 2017, and is eligible to obtain an Aadhaar number, must provide their Aadhaar number in the designated form. In simpler terms, individuals meeting these criteria are required to link their Aadhaar and PAN before the specified dates (without any fee until March 31, 2022, and with a prescribed fee until March 31, 2023).
For more information, you can refer to CBDT Circular No. 7/2022 dated March 30, 2022.
Requirements to avail this service:
- Authentic mobile number
- Before March 31, 2022, Aadhaar PAN linking is not complete.
- Valid PAN
- Aadhaar number
To begin, make the payment of the applicable fee. You can do this in two ways:
– Use the “e-Pay Tax” service on the e-Filing Portal for payment.
– If your bank account is not authorized for e-Pay tax payments, you can make the payment through the Protean (NSDL) Portal. Ensure that you select the correct major head (021) and minor head (500) for the payment.
Once the payment is completed, proceed to submit your Aadhaar PAN link request on the e-Filing Portal. Here’s what you need to do:
– If you have used the e-Pay Tax service for payment, you can submit the Aadhaar PAN link request immediately.
– In case you made the payment through the Protean (NSDL) Portal, wait for approximately 4-5 working days after the payment is made, and then submit the Aadhaar PAN link request on the e-Filing Portal.
By following these steps, you can successfully complete the process of linking your Aadhaar and PAN.
For more information :
Link Aadhaar Status :
Link Aadhaar with Aadhaar and PAN: