Jaipur experiences three consecutive earthquake tremors within a short span of 16 minutes on Friday morning.
People report hearing a bang-like sound and quickly evacuate their homes in fear.
First Earthquake: 4.09 am
– Magnitude: 4.4 on the Richter scale
– Depth: 10 km
– Initial confusion and some residents not noticing the first tremor.
– Residents react by coming out of their homes and seeking refuge in nearby parks.
Second Earthquake: 4.22 am
– Magnitude: 3.1 on the Richter scale
– Depth: 5 km
– Jolts people awake, causing a rush to evacuate again.
– Streets filled with concerned residents, especially in Walled City areas and multi-storey apartments.
Third Earthquake: 4.25 am
– Strikes again, intensifying fear among residents.
– Witnesses report hearing loud sounds akin to explosions.
Impact on People
– Fear and anxiety lead people to reach out to relatives and update their safety status on social media.
– Hospitals are affected as caregivers and patients are moved out of lobbies and sleeping areas.
No Loss of Life or Property Reported
– The control room confirms no casualties or significant damage to property in Jaipur and nearby districts.
– Jaipur’s low-risk seismic zone (seismic zone II) offers some reassurance about the potential for large-scale damage.
– Residents of Jaipur experience an unusual and unsettling event with three consecutive earthquakes in a low-risk seismic zone.
– Authorities and residents remain vigilant and cautious in the aftermath of the tremors.
Copy content: Know more News